Monday, May 16, 2011

Mini Haul/Review! (feat. Jouer)

Hello chickadees!


It's been a while, but sometimes it just gets that way when you have assessments and exams coming up (eek!).
Alas! Do not worry! I am here with a mini haul. I wasn't so sure I wanted to get into the whole "hauling" world, but I decided to make an exception for these products. Shall I explain why?
From experience I have discovered that if you take look on that little thing called 'google' and search for reviews of 'Jouer' products, it's near impossible to find anything even close to a review of these products. So to help all you lovely ladies out there, I've decided to review them for you! *jumps up and down in excitement!* Ahem, now to business..


First off! Jouer. If you haven't heard of them before they're an american cosmetic company (unfortunate for all us Aussie and New Zealand girls who have to pay almost equal price of makeup in shipping - but definitely worth it!). They aren't very well known (hence the lack of reviews here on the internet) and only have two stores, both in America however they do have an online store.


I purchased three products two "face" and one lip product. I say "face" because technically one is a cheek product, but that's your face right? haha


My initial reactions? Well, I think my family thinks Im mad, because when I arrived home, I saw my box sitting there in all it's glory and perhaps I got a little too excited due to it's 2 day early arrival! :)
But anyhow, once I had calmed a little I was physically able to open the box. It's packaging was really nice, the tissue paper inside reduced all chance of the products breaking (which is always nice) and each product was in a box.


The first product I bought which had originally drawn my attention when I ordered from jouer was the 'essential matte touch'. The site claims:


"This botanical mattifier can be used where needed, under makeup or alone, to absorb excess oil. It purifies skin with Willow Bark Extract and calms irritation with antioxidants, while firming and moisturising with Vitamins C, D, & E. An essential product for all skin types. Applies translucent."


I completely agree! I must admit, Im very finicky about my makeup in the mornings when I first put it on, but after I leave the house I rarely touch up my gloss or blot my face. So this products has definitely come in handy, especially with my oily skin I literally pat the product on and it mattifies :) Very handy for someone like me (by which I mean lazy haha) It applies totally matte and is clear. I generally just like to apply it using my fingers, whether Im doing it just before I put foundation on or Im applying it over my makeup during the day. It doesn't make my makeup smudge either, another plus.




The next product was kind of a shock for me - the tint in whisper. I had expected some soft pink matte tint. I was given a slightly creamy blush that was peachy-gold. To be honest, it was definitely a surprise but definitely a good one :) If you looked through my makeup collection you'd notice Im blush obsessed, and the majority of them are peachy-gold so this product is definitely welcomed into my collection with open arms. It applies really smoothly, is very pigmented (and oddly works well as an eyeshadow base. Hey what can I say? Im experimental haha). My only issue with this is the staying power. It definitely needs to be set as it's more creamy than a tint but that's not really an issue for me. I like to apply it using my fingers or a stippling brush.




The last product I ordered is a lipgloss in Blush. This is gorgeous! I like lipgloss but Im not really a huge fan of a lot of gloss formulas. However, this one is perfect! It has the smooth formula of a Nars gloss, but isn't too thick and stays on forEVER. By which I mean 4-5 hours :) Crazy, I know! haha
It's also a gorgeous cool tone pink colour, slightly more bright then a nude and has a slight "shimmer" to it, only noticable when the sun hits it at certain angles, so not a problem for people who don't like super shimmery lipglosses.


Above picture shows the lipgloss on my lips -  you can definitely see the cool tone to the gloss.


All in all, yes I'll definitely be purchasing more jouer products, especially more lipglosses.


Above (left to right): MAC cremeblend blush in Something Special (not relevant for this post but will be doing a seperate post on the difference between cremeblend blushes and blushcremes), Jouer lipgloss in Blush and Jouer tint in Whisper






Ratings?


essential matte touch: 9/10
tint in whisper: 8/10
lipgloss in blush: 10/10 


Hope this is helpful to some people!


Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment