Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Product Review (Feat. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation)

Heya everyone :)


How are we all today?


It's been a while. I've been right in the middle of exams this week but yay for me they're done for the next few weeks! :)
Im also apart of a musical performance thingo with my school where Im dancing and singing so I've been trying really hard to not get sick what with everything that's going on, but lo and behold - I am. So, it's vitamin C, echinacea and throat lozenges for me till I get better!


Anyhoo, enough of the rambling. I have a product review for you all today (or tonight I guess seeing as it's 11:00pm for me right now :S haha not good when trying to get better.


I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It's amazing!
I'll include a before and after shot for you all!






I also filmed a video talking about it, so you should check it out.








I'll do a little summary of the review here because Im just that darn nice! :P


Pros:
- Colour selection: there is a wide variety of warm and cool undertone in a variety of shades.
- Staying power: it lasts for around 12 hrs straight for me, and can last more but needs touch ups through the day (which I'm too lazy to do)
- Mattifies as well as makes skin glowy: I know, completely opposite ideas, but it mattifies in the right places whilst making other areas dewy and glowy (i.e mattifies the t-zone, highlights the cheekbones) so perfect for dry or oily skin.
- Coverage: it can have a medium coverage if you blend only a little bit and melt it into your skin with your fingers, but can also have a really high coverage when you use a stippling or foundation brush (like the MAC 188 or 190)
- Can be mixed with your face moisturiser to create a low to medium coverage tinted moisturiser.


Cons:
- The price. Literally the ONLY con to this foundation.


So there you guys have it! I rate this foundation a 9/10. Literally. :)


See you guys in the next post! And don't forget to follow my blog for more posts on makeup and beauty and all that jazz :D


Bye!
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment